Farm Livestock Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Livestock Insurance Information
Animals Are Assets Too.
Livestock owners and farmers face numerous risks that could undermine their ability to reach their financial goals. Specialized livestock insurance and farm insurance can help provide financial protection and protect an organization’s ability to make a profit.
Contact Mitchell Insurance Services in Visalia, California, today to learn more about your farm and livestock insurance options and get a quote.
What Does Farm Insurance Cover?
Each farming operation has specific insurance needs, so there isn’t a one-size-fits-all insurance solution. Depending on your risk exposure, your agent may recommend the following insurance coverage:
What Does Livestock Insurance Cover?
- Farm livestock insurance
- Tractor insurance
- Farm dwelling insurance
- Farm structures insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Farm and ranch liability insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
Livestock insurance typically provides coverage to help pay for damages when a covered accident or incident results in the death or injury of livestock.
There are two main types of livestock insurance coverage:
Scheduled livestock coverage: This policy may be the right choice for higher-value animals. This insurance provides coverage for certain animals identified by their owner. Each animal has an individual limit, allowing the owner to customize coverage based on their needs and budget.
- Unscheduled (blanket) livestock coverage: This policy covers all farm property with a single policy limit. When the property owner chooses coverage up to the property’s total value, the policy may include a coverage cushion in case the value fluctuates or the property owner purchases additional equipment, animals or land.
If you choose to purchase scheduled livestock insurance, your agent may recommend endorsements to provide additional protection, including:
- Accidental shooting
- Collapse of building
- Attack by wild animals or dogs
Depending on the type of operation and its size, your agent may recommend specialized livestock insurance policies, including:
- Poultry insurance
- Hatchery insurance
- Feedlot, pasture and dairy cattle insurance
- Higher-value animal insurance
- Livestock transit insurance
- Swine insurance
- Livestock auction market or packer insurance
- Livestock ocean marine transit insurance
Livestock insurance may provide coverage for a number of losses, including:
Get a Quote for Farm and Livestock Insurance
- Collision while in transit
- Natural disasters
- Crimes and civil unrest
- Weather events causing damage to your livestock
Your farm and livestock require a tailored insurance package to help provide the financial protection your operation needs to cope with unexpected events. Contact Mitchell Insurance Services today to discuss your farm and livestock insurance options.