Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
California drivers must prove financial responsibility to comply with state laws, and car insurance is a common way to meet the state’s minimum requirements.
Contact Mitchell Insurance Services today for an auto insurance plan designed to comply with California’s financial responsibility regulations that also meets your individual needs.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Car insurance is a contractual agreement between an individual and an insurance company. According to the policy’s terms, it may provide financial protection against potential losses from vehicle accidents or damages.
The policyholder pays a premium, and in return, the insurance company agrees to cover certain expenses, such as repairs, medical bills or liability claims, depending on the policies.
When an accident occurs, the policyholder files a claim, providing details of the incident. The insurance company then assesses the claim, determines coverage eligibility and compensates the policyholder according to the coverage outlined in the policy documents.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
What is specifically covered by your auto insurance will vary depending on the policy, as this insurance is highly customizable. Depending on your situation, your agent may recommend numerous auto insurance coverages and endorsements. The following can help drivers meet California’s financial responsibility laws:
- Property damage liability may help cover repairing or replacing another person’s property, including their vehicle, if you are at fault in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability may help cover third-party medical expenses, rehabilitation costs and legal fees if you injure someone else in a car accident.
While the following policies and endorsements are optional under California’s laws, your lienholder may require full coverage insurance if you lease or finance your vehicle, including:
- Collision coverage may help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage may help cover noncollision-related damages to your vehicle, such as theft, vandalism, fire or natural disasters.
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance may help cover the difference between what you owe and the actual cash value of your vehicle if it is totaled in an accident.
Depending on your circumstances, your agent may recommend that you further customize your auto insurance plan by adding the following:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover your medical costs and property damage if you are involved in an accident with a driver without insurance or inadequate coverage.
- Medical payments coverage may help pay for accident-related medical expenses for you and your passengers, regardless of fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help cover your medical expenses, lost wages and certain related costs, regardless of fault.
- Rental car coverage may help cover the cost of renting a vehicle while your car is being repaired due to an accident.
- Roadside assistance may help cover services like towing, battery jump-start, fuel delivery and locksmith assistance.
Contact Mitchell Insurance Services in Visalia, California, to learn more about your auto insurance options and get a personalized car insurance quote.